Saturday 18 February 2012

An Evening in Paradise

We sit close, with fingers intertwined
In a valley, in the middle of nowhere
The earth laughs, with flowers,
As their colors weave a magic, so rare

We lie down among the flowers,
Watching red ink flow, on a blue parchment
As the evening sky, gets a crimson tinge
With the beauty which the setting sun, lent

A sweet smelling breeze touches us
And whispers of love, we hear,
In the magical scent, of jasmines
As the first signs of darkness, appear

The last of the birds fly home,
And the twilight fades away, into the night
As stars appear, in the meadows of heaven
We fall in love again, under the soft light

We listen to the crickets chirp,
And each of the sounds, the night brings
The tinkling of a spring, nearby,
The song that a solitary bird, sings

The moon appears soon,
And pieces of cloud, scatter and glide
As the stars sing their lullaby,
I fall asleep, with you by my side

Moments later, my eyes open
We're in our bed, and I realize
Just a moment, spent in your arms,
Could give me an evening, in paradise


....................................................................................................................................................................

This one gave me a lot of trouble! It just wouldn't come out the way I wanted :( ...until it finally did ;) I should tell you, that I was totally inspired when I heard someone say the words, "Just like a picnic in heaven", and I played around with the idea for sometime...and finally, you're looking at the result!:)

Thanks to you who gave me this idea :) I owe you ;)

Hope you guys like it :)
Good Night...I  hope you all sleep well, as the stars sing their lullaby ;) :)

Oh yeah, and the above picture is from the movie, Twilight...I don't own it. It's the only picture I found, that was the closest to what had imagined. 

13 comments:

  1. WOW !!! FANTASTIC POST. JUST LOVED EACH LINE I READ. YES YOU GAVE ME A PICTURE OF THE GARDEN OF EDEN/ PARADISE. I SMELT THE FRAGRANCE OF THE FLOWERS , HEARD THE SOUNDS OF THE NIGHT, AND I WAS IN IN TRANCE WITH THE MAGICAL EFFECT YOUR WORDS HAD ON ME. A BEAUTIFUL POST. I LOVED IT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dad, I loved writing this post just as much :)

      Delete
  2. PS: I FORGOT TO MENTION, THAT THE PICS ADDED TO THE MAGIC YOU CREATED.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a really hard time trying to find the right, if not perfect pics...Glad you liked them :)

      Delete
  3. Who gave you the idea, huh?? ;) An evening in paradise... i think the pic almost made it.. good one.. ek dum correct waali feeling... a complete evening.. made me think so many things , which i seldom do... great post.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's none of your concern :p
      I'll change your mind by the time college is finished. And I know you that already...;)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful poem with really fab pics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Ankit...I'm glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  5. A fabulous post written beautifully. I loved it. I know that it is true. I feel the same way. Every time when I am in your Dad's arms I visit paradise and if I say that the best place on earth where i would love to be is in your father's arms. Loved it totally and as usual , I was transported to the garden of Eden. You have the power to take me to the places you want to show us. I experience each and every moment of your thoughts and this post is extra special as I feel that my feelings are mirrored in your ost. Lovely babs. Keep writing and keep taking me to the dream land , the wonderland and the fairy land with each of your post.

    Mumma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you felt, 'ma...Come to think of it, even if I didn't write this post thinking about Dada and you, it really feels like you both now, hmm?
      Thank you so much for always being an inspiration to me, 'ma. It always makes me real happy when you like(love) my writing(which is always!!:D)
      Love you :8

      Delete
  6. Beautiful poem sweety !! you have encapsulated the feelings of being in a place akin to heaven described so very wonderfully.. Your words paint a beautiful picture taking the reader into a real paradise.. The ending is perfect and very well puts the point that a person can achieve anything or go anywhere in the arms of a loved one and that there's no bliss equivalent to being with a loved one !

    Awesome work.. !! Love you loads.. Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh Amo, Thank you :* That's exactly how I felt while writing the post :) I'll keep writing,don't worry...no writer's block is gonna stop me!:D
      Love you too:*

      Delete
  7. Wow! You're a pro when it comes to giving words to feelings, embodying emotions and giving life to imagination! Simply loved the post (save for the word "Twilight" in the end :p)

    Thanks to you who gave me this idea :) I owe you ;)

    Who's he/she/it who-has-not-been-named?! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd really like to hear what you thought about this post!