Tuesday 7 February 2012

Shackles - 55Fiction#1

I try always, but fail.

I cannot leave his side, even though he ignores me.

I mix with strangers and he cannot tell me apart.

I owe my birth to light, but it has brought me only 
shackles of bondage to him.

I wait for darkness to fall to get my freedom, to fade away…


...................................................................................................................................

Everyone's at it, so I thought I'd also join the 55fiction band-wagon :)

Just gave it a try...The idea came to me as I watched someone walking away today...and behind them, trailed their shadow as if it were tied to it's master...

Hope you all like it...It's even harder than I thought to express what I have to say just in a few words...55 to be precise :D

Ohh yeah...I almost forgot...the beautiful image's by: http://smashinghub.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/shadow-17.jpg

Thank you guys :)

5 comments:

  1. Who was that walking away today? ;) freedom, huh??? zyaada mysterious toh ni tha.. shayad maine dimaag lgane ke baare me socha hi ni.. it has got numbed.. nothing is arousing me to excitement for now.. just writing, writing, writing..
    jokes apart.. This was good. Nice. Shackles.. Good oye! Gimme more! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowow !! Its beautiful.. I always thought of shadows being a companion and not as being bound to someone forcefully ! Almost feel for a shadow after reading your post !

    You might have used 55 words only but each words adds weight and build such a beautiful picture in the reader's mind !

    Needless to say fantastic post Sweety !!

    And yes , the pic is so very beautiful, it adds beauty to your words !! Waiting for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, your post made me feel bad for the shadow. I never thought that shadow was chained. The old song “tu jahan jahan chalega ……. Never implied that shadows feel that way. I always imagined the being shadow is a privilege. Very well written and a fantastic post and that too at your first attempt at 55 words fiction. Loved it. Do write more. Love you

    Mumma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb. Loved the idea and the way you gave a different angle of shadows being in shackles. I thought shadows were free in the darkness, remember the dialogues in many a hindi film " Andhere mein apna parchaee bhi saath chod deta hai" ? Anyway, I ( we)love playing with shadows, making images of animals birds,humans etc, when there 's power failure and an emergency lamp or candle is used , remember?
    love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liked it a lot, especially the twist in the end! Couldn't guess it, just as I had feared :| It's kind of become like a disease - whenever I start reading 55 fiction written by Dad, Amo or you, I start fretting about the ending and go into 'Sherlock Holmes' mode... it's another matter that most of the times I manage to not live up to the great detective's name :s
    Anyway, also liked your elaborate version of this post on Tumbhi.com!
    Way to go, kid! Keep blogging :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd really like to hear what you thought about this post!