Thursday 9 February 2012

Stuffed with Love

Her little hands clasped me,
So close to her heart
In her warm bed, I used to dream,
Of us, never being apart

She talked to me everyday,
Told me all her little secrets
She took me everywhere she went,
Even to the tea parties, she had for her pets

Soon the day came,
When more friends, she made  
She forgot about me then,
With new companions, now she played

She tried to hide me,
When friends dropped by
Still sometimes, when we were alone, 
She'd hold me close, with a little sigh

I watched her grow up,
From the little corner of her room
And I had no doubt, that soon,
Into a beautiful woman, she'd bloom

I knew she was falling in love,
When I saw her, all dreamy-eyed
I saw her blush and laugh more,
When he was by her side

I was never jealous or mad,
Happiness was all I wanted for her
Sadness was all I felt,
Thinking of how close, we once were

Then on the night before her wedding, 
Into the darkness, poured in light, 
As the door to her room opened,
She took a step forward and came into sight

I knew she had come for me at last,
She walked to me and stood still
As she looked at me lovingly,
The tears in her eyes, started to spill

And she said to me,
"Thank you, for listening to me,
Thank you, for keeping my secrets
In you, my childhood I see"

"I'm marrying the boy,
 Who had once given you, to me
The most beautiful present I'd got,
The year I turned three"

"My companion, you've always been,
I will always love you, Mr. Bear
Thank you, for being my friend,
For you, I'll always care"

....................................................................................................................................................................

Hey guys, had fun writing this post! :) Hope you all like it...relive your childhood memories with the warm, cuddly teddy bears you get today! Have a wonderful day full of love and bear hugs! :)
                                                                                                                                                
"A Teddy Bear doesn't need a heart, because it is already stuffed with love!" :D 
Happy Teddy Bear Day! :)))

13 comments:

  1. This was sooooo beautiful, I loved it, I was choked, with tears in my eyes, when I read it the second time for you mum. I recollected memories of my own childhood , and even the movie 'toy story'. it was so pure so, innocent, so fantastic
    the pic also touched my heart. hugs for you babe, love you tons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too, Dad :*
      This post suddenly came out of nowhere...I was writing something totally different at first. But, then it became this special little thing that even I love very much :)
      Hugs and kisses to you too :)

      Delete
  2. Very very cute.... as i said before, it is very sweet, so refreshing... Thanks you for writing such gr8 words... it brings new hope and new rays of light in somebody's life... Something new in this fast paced world.. which is so true and so innocent... Beautiful cathy!! Yuo write so beautifully!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh Yuvva, thank you too...so many compliments...things like this make my day! :) I'll always try to bring something new here :)

      Delete
  3. Stuffed with Love. Fantastic. I felt choked with emotions when I read it. It is so good. It made me feel stuffed with love for you. The emotions of Love are such that everyone who thinks about it, writes about it and feels it and reads about it all get so emotional. Loved it Sweety. After reading your post, I went to see all your Teddies, the small ones, the big ones. I remembered how you used to carrythem around(even after going to college!!). I can't seem to have enough words the describe the soft, loving and choky feeling I am experiencing. Once more, A master piece. Looking forward to your next post.

    Mumma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really went to see them?:) I feel so bad now. I don't know why everyone has to grow up...There's such innocence and beauty in children, and at times I fell like a child too...I wish that feeling never leaves me :)
      Thanks 'ma :)

      Delete
  4. It was very nice Sweets. Your post are real nice. i enjoy reading it . don't mind my not giving a feedback regularly. keep writing for us to read and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chitti! I like the name, Rads! :D
      I'm glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  5. Ye tu likhi h,just cant believe it..
    i m amazed n very much surprised ki tu kya2 kr sakti h :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me kya2 kar sakti hun, really?! You don't want to know, believe me ;)
      Anyway, thanks so much for liking the post :)

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful poem ! Loved every line and the feelings behind it.. Every child has a special toy and how we tend to believe that it has feelings like us, of how it can listen to us, of how it loves us back equally and how easily we can talk to it ! Soft toys are especially the best things to have around ! :)

    Your description of how a teddy bear sees the journey of a girl from her childhood to her wedding, and how it wishes for her best throughout the times inspite of being ignored got me feeling all tingly inside. I made sure I gave 'Jack' and 'eechu' a hug after reading the post :D

    Yes, it reminded me of toy story3.. Maybe this should be made toy Story-4 :D

    Keep writing ! A big teddy bear wala hug to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Echku says Hi to you :p Thank Amo, yup loved writing this post too...While writing this, in my mind, I had that photo of me when I was about four years old, sitting totally immersed in my important task of fixing a miniature stove from my miniature kitchen-set, on the bed with all my dolls and toys and God knows what, spread out all over the bed...:D

      God, I miss those days!
      Glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  7. This one is my all-time favoritest post! Seriously, kiddo... you've outdone yourself yet again! Reminded me so much of Toy Story 3, a movie very close to my heart! Loved your poem through and through, and even the picha in the end is oh-so-cute... no matter how old we grow, whether we remain kids at heart totally depends on us! :')
    By the way, giving Jack a biiig huggiepie while reading this, thanks to someone who left him in my care :D
    Biiigg bear huggg, Sweety! Love you inna saaraa <3

    ReplyDelete

I'd really like to hear what you thought about this post!