Tuesday 27 December 2011

Lost and Found


Shattered glass and broken wings,
Empty glasses and a dark sky
Things went missing or was it just me?
A placid face, trying to hide a lie

Forgotten dreams, hurtful memories
Feelings, once so familiar and real
Places visited and havens marked
I find that now, they hold no appeal

Time flew by and days went by
Seasons changed from winters to springs,
Nothing seemed different, yet everything had changed 
Just with the flutter of a butterfly's wings 

Nothing mattered but the thirst within me,
To search for all that had been lost
The sound of a laughter, the scent of a perfume
The need to find them again, whatever the cost

The more I searched, the farther I got
From the only place I knew to be mine
I ran, and I went to the ends of the earth
And found a corner, where myself I would confine

I found nothing, but only lost myself
I looked down at the calm water so blue,
As I walked on the sand by the sea
But it would hold no reflection of mine,
That I already knew

But then the water caught some light,
And glowed like a big drop of dew
As I searched once again, for a cause,  
This time, I turned to find you

A new feeling was born within me,
As I stood still, looking at you 
And a forgotten,old one was found again
When your face broke into a smile, so true

Realization dawned as I turned again,
With you standing right by my side,
The water answered the question it had refused before,
Now it had nothing to hide

Because what is lost will always be found,
No matter how impossible it may seem
A note in a diary, a giggle and a feel
The love of someone special or a childhood dream

I just had to look deep within myself,
To find a missing heartbeat
I knew then, if things never get lost
Their destinies, they never will meet
....................................................................................................................................................................

The things happening in the past week and a book that I just finished reading- "A Place Called Here"- and totally loved and found the imagination behind it absolutely bizarre, influenced me a great deal into writing out this piece of 'poetry' for my post. 
I'll quote a few lines from the book just to give you the feel :

"We all get lost once in a while, sometimes by choice, sometimes by forces beyond our control. When we learn what it is our soul needs to learn, the path presents itself. Sometimes we see the way out but wander further and deeper despite ourselves; the fear, the anger or the sadness preventing us returning. Sometimes we prefer to be lost and wandering, sometimes it's easier. Sometimes we find our way out. But regardless, always, we are found."     

Hope you all liked it...:)

Had the most amazing week at home...I think the best Christmas till date, the most perfect one :) Can't believe the dreamlike holidays are coming to an end- I'm in denial :( :D Hope you all had a great Christmas too...Season's greetings to all (I know it's a little late, but still :D) :)
Good night...till we meet again :)

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic as always. you take the reader into a dream, a faraway,different world, where one gets lost in the beauty and magic spell which you create with wonderful words.I loved it, and I'm totally lost. Totally lost for words of praise for the soul of a real poet that dwells within you. Love you. Keep writing.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well CJ... your piece of 'poetry' took me to my fantastic world.. i found a new meaning within it.. i was related to it.. so beautiful!! waiting for more and finally .. waiting to see you... :) Well done..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You write so beautifully, kiddo... could relate to the whole poem from start to end, didn't know why! But then you enlightened me :)
    You've used poetry so well to explain thoughts! And a fab choice of words, plus praiseworthy use of metaphors!!! Brilliant from start to end... took my breath away. Take a bow \m/
    And I knew Nicholas Sparks' writing has been influencing your poems all along :D
    Love you loads! Keep up the tempo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ‎"We all get lost once in a while, sometimes by choice, sometimes by forces ‎beyond our control. When we learn what it is our soul needs to learn, the ‎path presents itself. Sometimes we see the way out but wander further and ‎deeper despite ourselves; the fear, the anger or the sadness preventing us ‎returning. Sometimes we prefer to be lost and wandering, sometimes it's ‎easier. Sometimes we find our way out. But regardless, always, we are ‎found." ‎
    I loved these lines. I feel like this many times recently. I now the way and ‎yet I ignore it due to anger or sadness. But I am lucky to have my family to ‎guide me patiently and with love and care and understanding , hold my hand ‎lovingly and walk with me all the way. Thanks honey for every; thing . ‎

    You write so beautifully and after identifying the character, I appreciate it ‎even more. You do take me to a dream world and I live each moment of ‎your poem. Lovely way of writing and keeps me engrossed till the last line. ‎I am so proud of the way you write. Keep it up and keep writing. ‎

    Love you, Mumma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lost and found, beautiful..............

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!!:-) I think this deserves a standing ovation! A masterpiece...you rarely find such critical works these days! Really, I would like to congratulate you for having written this! This post of yours is one of the best pieces of literary works I have ever read!!:-) Even though you got the inspiration for the post from the novel but, it takes great calibre and extreme ingenuity to write a post like this! In a single sentence, 'Perfection at its best'!!!:-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd really like to hear what you thought about this post!