Saturday 17 December 2011

The Woman He Would Always Love

He woke up in the middle of the night
And lay still, thinking about the dream he'd just had
It seemed, it was a dream more real than reality 
A perfection to which, nothing he'd ever add

Smiling then, he turned to his side
And looked at the face he'd seen, just a while ago
He watched as she slept like a baby, and remembered
Each memory that they'd made together, and felt the emotions flow

She had seemed no older than a child,
The day that into his life, she'd first flown
Big eyes full of trust, a smile like sunshine
Two braids swinging, with a life of their own

He hadn't spared a thought on her then,
Hadn't given her a second glance
Little had he known, that she was the one he'd waited for
That it was the beginning, of a lifelong romance

Soon they got to know each other,
And he was amazed that now he had a friend
With whom, he who could be himself and share his dreams
Someone with whom, he had no need to pretend

As the days went by, he realized how special she was,
And the dreamer inside him weaved up fantasies about her
He knew he had fallen for this beauty
As feelings unknown, within him she could stir

He wrote passionate letters, and poems and songs
As to woo her, hundreds of ways he designed
At times devious, at times the picture of chivalry
To have her, was the only thought that was always on his mind

His efforts hadn't gone unanswered,
His labor of love hadn't been in vain
As the cupid's arrow struck her too
His happiness knew no bounds and in that way,
forever he would remain

For her laughter brought wonder into his world, 
Her child-like happiness gave to his life, a reason
Her funny expressions, and madness at times
Brought into his life, the beauty of each season

She wouldn't let him give in when he stumbled
For she was the only one, who knew him inside out
She fought for him, and became a part of his soul
And dreamed of the things, that he dreamed about

She got lost somewhere in between, 
But he knew she was stubborn and strong
She'd find her way back to him, to her haven
She'd remember that his arms were where, she would always belong

As he looked at her now, in the darkness
With the soft moonlight casting a halo around her, as she slept in peace
He felt sure that the keeper of stars had joined their hearts,
And his love for her with each passing day, would only increase

For she was the woman, he would always love
She would always be his inspiration and pride
She would always catch him, if he were to fall
She would always be the one who would walk by his side
....................................................................................................................................................................

No guesswork needed here, right? This poem is totally dedicated to my Mom :) and Dad's love for her...I've been wanting to write about her for sometime now...She's a mother and a child at the same time, always full of joy and as I told her a few days ago, when I think about her, it's always like thinking about sunshine...bright, warm, smiling, comforting, beauty, laughter, dancing around the shadows and always finding a way to get past them...just totally pure and angelic :):):)


 Hope you all liked it, especially you, for whom the poem is written...an inspiration not only to Dad (who sometimes denies it, but is totally lying. I know, well, because I always know;)) but to your silly little daughter too...Love you loads 'ma, just the way you are...very special :)

Good night guys, I'm feeling all 'Christmasy' and red-and-green! :D Love this season and what it does to me :)

Till next time then... 

10 comments:

  1. It was fantastic , sweety. I was choked & felt a lump in my throat, while reading it for your mother.To read your version of our story was
    altogether another experience.I loved it.Love you sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waah waah cathy! It looks like your creativity is blossoming like anything in this hols.. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic is too less a word to praise this work of yours, CJ! But I guess it must suffice for the lack of words! Loved it in and out... you seem to be out on a mission to describe our parents' 'two lives yet one soul' story in as many beautiful ways and from as many neat angles as possible :)

    As he looked at her now, in the darkness
    With the soft moonlight casting a halo around her, as she slept in peace
    He felt sure that the keeper of stars had joined their hearts,
    And his love for her with each passing day, would only increase


    Awesome lines! Superb choice of rhyming words to embellish the emotions! I'm sure the folks must've bawled like crazy after reading this :p
    Keep it up, our in-house Nicholas Sparks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yeah! Forgot to mention that I love the new decor of your blog - Christmas kii feel aa gayii :)
    Can't wait to be home, even if for a couple of days!
    Keep renovating the blog... I'm sure it cures the monotony of the author as well as of the readers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arent you the budding John Keats or someone of the likes ?? :D

    Like I said to your older post, you hve added one more stroke to the painting of your parents wonderfully inspireing love story!

    And mind you its one of the most beautiful strokes :)

    written beatifully.. !! You sure are going to go places. Trust me !!

    I m sure ur Dadda and Mumma must be so happy and so proud to have their story told out so beautifully in so many ways by the super talented poetess of theirs !! :)

    And listening to this , I am all goggy eyed about the story, yet again !! :)

    And yes, the new outlook is awesome and I am eagerly awaiting for Christmas too.. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely poem from my darling Angel.. When this post ‎was being read to me by the person whom I love more than my ‎life, early in the moring of Sunday just after returning from ‎Church, and the way his eyes filled with tears , I could not help ‎feeling a tight knot around my throat and felt choked with so ‎many emotions. I don’t know if I deserve such love and affection ‎from you all. I must have done something truly wonderful in my ‎previous lives to have such wonderful family who love me like ‎crazy. I sincerely hope and I promise with all my heart and soul ‎to you that I will try to live up to your version of me. ‎

    Ok, leaving me out of it, let me come to the literary part of the ‎post. As usual, you have outdone yourself. You truly are your ‎father’s daughter. Hve inherited his flair for poetry and rhymes. ‎Lovely one. I loved it (even more as it was about us , your version ‎of our story) ( You know, I love flattery??). Loved it totally and ‎looking forward to reading more of your work of art. ‎

    mumma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Extremely well written!:-) Your work has rendered me totally speechless!! Your work belongs to that particular category, which continues to burn within the heart of the reader, provokes him to think and in the process, causes the literary figures to come to life in front of his eyes. A special mention is a must for the two wonderful people who have epitomized the beauty of love and a salute to the one who flawlessly captured their emotions!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful :)

    As i read it aloud to myself, it felt good, and i could relate it with myself, and felt as if it speaks of a friend of mine :) !!

    This is the first poem that i've read of yours, and i liked it very much :)) !

    Keep writing !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey and one more thing :),
    the wrong words are beautiful.
    Sometimes in life the perfect things are not so beautiful, as the imperfections.
    It's these lil imperfections in life that make it beautiful, i feel so.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Ankit: Thank you very much...I'm glad you liked it :) Ummm...but I'm sorry I couldn't figure out what you meant by "wrong words"? Did't get what you were referring to :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd really like to hear what you thought about this post!