Sunday 11 December 2011

A Dream and a Wish...

On the stones along the pathway,
To hear your footsteps, my ears I strain
And for a long time, that's where I stay
But all I hear, is the soft patter of rain

The wind's starting to get wild now,
And I'm drenched to the bone
The trees sway, and I feel that somehow
They speak a language, that I understand alone

They tell me to leave, and never to look back
Because a storm's coming, and you know what they say
It brings pain and destruction with each attack
Punishing each and everything in its way

Tears mix with rain drops, as I still stand there
I still wait, ignoring each warning sign
For no storm could sway, a trust so deep and rare
And suddenly from far away, I hear a clock chime nine

Time has come but where are you?
I can't take it anymore, my mind starts playing a game
Because each shadow and silhouette too
Reminds me of you, but the forlorn night remains the same

I lift my head to the sky, to see the stars wink
But all I see today, are the darkest of clouds floating by
Finally, my shoulders slump and I feel my heart sink
I cast one last glance over my shoulder, and let the hope that's inside me, die

Maybe I didn't wish hard enough for you tonight
But that is not possible, no one could make a wish so deep
Because with each breath, I wish for your sight
Even if it's for a fantasy I dream, while I sleep

There's a battle within me, that stops me from waking
Not until I see you, will it end
And in my dream, I suddenly feel my saddened heart sing
And the broken pieces start to mend

For I see you move towards me, as first rays of the sun appear
And a rainbow apologizes for the angry sky
But still, things remain confused in my mind and and thoughts unclear
Is it a dream that brings me to you or beside me, you really lie?

Because you are a dream at night and a wish in the morn
All day I long to see your face, even if it's from afar
And each day I know that the dream will be reborn
To be with you somewhere, beyond a distant star
....................................................................................................................................................................

So, again I don't know what brought this on suddenly...there were some thoughts bouncing around in my mind and then I read some beautiful lyrics, "A dream in the night", and it sort of got me to do this instead of inspiring me to study for my Java practical tomorrow which I really, really should have done :p Oh anyway, please let me know if you liked it, poetry and me is a really new combo which I haven't explored much, so just giving it a shot :)
And tomorrow is the day when I finally finish with my awfully long (it really felt looong :D) 5th sem at college...Yay! *jumping, jumping*
Okay, good night everyone :)

13 comments:

  1. Wow!!! It's super, brilliant. I loved it. The words were chosen and used beautifully.I loved the line... And a rainbow apologizes for the angry sky. Keep writing poetry too, you are very good at every thing you do.Love you,kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written doll. I am speechless. You really do have your ‎Dada’s qualities in you. Such lovely rhyme. And so well written. ‎Do you know that your post took me to that stormy, rainy, windy ‎dark night and I was feeling the rain and I was feeling the hope ‎and despair you have described so well. I saw the dark clouds and I ‎felt the hope draining away from within me and I heard the trees ‎talk to me too. Oh, you do have the gift of transporting people to ‎the places you write about and make us feel all the emotions. I ‎saw the rainbow and I felt the hope and joy surge though me. ‎Very very well written babs. Just keep writing. Looking forward ‎to your next post. ‎

    PS: I know I should scold you a bit for writing a blog instead of ‎studying for you exam. But after reading your post, I don’t have ‎the heart to tell you not to do this. This is wonderful and I am ‎confident that as usual you will do well in your exam too. Keep up ‎the excellent work. ‎

    Mumma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent!! The work clearly shows the professional touch! Beautifully crafted, by weaving the intricacies of thoughts, expressions and an abundance of emotions!! Great work!!!!!...waiting for more...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dad...I'm glad you liked it, I loved that line too :) And I'm good at everything I do?! really?! Since when did this happen...I'll have to keep that in mind for the next time you're giving me a batti on how I manage to mess up everything :p :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @'ma: I was there too, in that place...the wind, the darkness,the swaying trees all surrounded me, as I wrote. And don't say that I'm as good as Dad...he writes brilliantly and there can be no comparison there, you're just being biased 'ma...:) but I'm still happy that you liked it...

    As for the practical, this time it didn't go the way you'd thought it would, huh? Well, forget it, at least it's over...and what do you mean by,"I know I should scold you a bit"?! You already scolded me liar! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Atanu: Where have you been hiding for so long, huh?:@ Expected to hear something from you long before this you chor!:/ :p

    Anyway, a philosopher praising a first(or second;)) time poetry by a naïve, inexperienced writer(That's me:)) is really flattering...I was wondering what you'd have to say about it :)
    Felt great to hear you liked it, thank you:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowowow! Simply superb!! In love with the intricately woven words that express feelings and thoughts so fantastically, and rhyme so perfectly!
    You outdo yourself with each and every post, kid, and it's such a pleasure for the reader to get lost in the magic of your creation!!
    Been hearing awesome reviews for this post of yours while in Goa, and couldn't wait to come back and read it :)
    Keep the gems coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully scripted CJ.... nice work....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outstanding Work Cathy...
    nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @anonymous: That you, yuvva?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wooooooowww!!

    You deserve a standing ovation for this one. No kidding trust me !. Its so very deep. So beautiful. So melancholic. I am running short of words.

    I felt as though it was me who was going through the turbulence of emotions. Thats how powerfully woven your words are. Simply brilliant...!!

    Who said you are new to poetry. You are a natural poet(yes)! :D

    You have outdone yourself nd this one is a beautiful piece. Do consider publishing this somewhere else too :)

    Apologies for the extremely late reply. Caught in transition !!

    Awaiting for more of your writings :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @CJ- I am not that anonymous CAthy... btw once again my comment got missed... so i second the thought by the "anonymous" ... may your wish and dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey sweet!!
    i finally managed to open up ur blog and now i find it was actually worth it, which frankly i was doubtful about :P
    but seriously, this one's very well written..i dunno how u choose the words..do they come to u all of a sudden (flash of genious? :P) or do u like sit and think abt it and scratch all over the paper till u r satisfied? O_0
    whatever it may be....am impressed!! double thumbs up! :D
    3 guesses who am i???
    chhod..i'll tell u..
    shru ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd really like to hear what you thought about this post!