Tuesday 3 January 2012

Intimate Moments Spent With Her

                                              








He saw her after a lifetime,
She stood in a corner, calm and still
Thoughts of her, had kept him alive
Dreams of her, had given him a thrill

So many days, he'd spent without her
Her voice, he had craved to hear,
And when he conjured her up in his dreams
All his worries, would always disappear

He sat down in front of her now,
And wished to hear a melody so sweet
Something only he could understand,
Something that would make him complete

The desperation in his eyes,
The impatience that gnawed at him
Told him he could wait no longer
As a longing to touch her, coursed through each limb

His eyes closed, and his body relaxed
In front of him, his fingers splayed out
He touched none of her keys
But still, music he heard without a doubt

Because the music only he could hear,
Had become a part of his soul
From the day, he had first touched her
In this life, for him, there was only one role

He'd be the finest pianist there ever was,
His lover would be his piano
And as he got lost again in the music that he made,
It was still just an illusion, that he'd never know


I saw the movie, 'The Pianist' just yesterday and it was so moving, so beautiful that I just got lost in so many beautiful moments...There was one particular moment in the movie that inspired this post in which this man (Wladyslaw Szpilman) who has been a pianist for as long as he can remember, and has been thrown away from his home, separated from his family and has been treated like dirt and tortured like the rest of the Jews in Germany at that time, escapes, and is helped by some really good German people to go into hiding. He's hiding in this apartment which has a piano placed in the corner and the expression on his face as he watches it Oh God! Such joy, sadness, hope, desperation...and he sits in the stool in front of it and closes his eyes and stretches out his hands in front of him and plays...and you hear the most beautiful music ever...The thing is, he actually doesn't play at all, not even one key is touched...He can't even make the slightest bit of sound as all around him, the rooms are occupied by Germans and he can let no one know of his existence or else he'll be captured again...so he just moves his fingers in mid-air and still, he hears music... It was just so sad and so intimate and so very beautiful that I thought I'd write about it...I don't think I could justify that moment through this post but I just had to try...

And my mind's all muddled up and I was finding it really hard to write but again, I was craving to do it, so I shoved all my copies into my bag, left all the studying I was doing (which wasn't much :p) just like that and started to write....Hope you all liked it :) 
Please keep in mind that I had to write this post with the annoying voice of my roommate in the background the whole time!  :@ I really miss home :(
:D
Good Night guys :)     

6 comments:

  1. ek tarfaa cathy!!welcome back to college!! movie se inspiration, huh? you know my next question... yeh wala movie bhi de dena na? :P .. just kidding.. beautiful verses again!! too good... my friends are great literary figures.. and i amidst them is trying hard to be good one. :) well done, my budding tennyson!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way of writing Sweets. Loved it. ‎I could feel the longing in him to touch her and ‎to play her and I could also hear the musit in the ‎air, I could feel the contentment and peace and ‎joy , he felt at being in front of her. Lovely way ‎of expressing the feelings of a pianist. Hats off ‎darling. Loved it totally. ‎

    Initially, I did think that you are writing about a ‎computer and your father type of person sitting ‎in front of it lovingly wanting to roll out some ‎more posts extending his fingers to touch the ‎key board to type out some lovely poem. But ‎then I realized it was some musical instrument. ‎Yes, I know how it feels to be so crazy about ‎anything, including music. Even though I am not ‎a musician, I love music and I love Maths( I ‎know, don’t laugh). Both of them sooth me so ‎much. It makes me calm to listen to music and to ‎sit solving problems. So a person craving to ‎play and make music must be feeling a million ‎times more . ‎

    I loved the way you wrote and loved the ‎feelings it evoked in me. Keep writing and make ‎to go in to a different world each time and come ‎out feeling very calm and satisfied and living the ‎feeling of it. ‎

    Mumma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazingly well written!! Your post really justifies the passion of that man.. I have seen the movie a number of times and it is again one of my favourites:-)The movie tells an inspiring as well as a depressing story and some how I feel, that your post complements as well as consolidates it at the same time:-).. The particular instance in the movie that you speak about is also my favourite part in that movie, beautifully executed.
    Good work!! Waiting for more like this in future:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!!! Take a bow, CJ... take a biiig biiig bow :)
    This one was full of suspense (akin to dad's style) and only towards the end did I get the gist of the composition! Woohoo! Startled me that you've explained the chemistry between the pianist and the piano, and the love which the former has for the latter astonishingly well! It's a prologue of sorts for the particular scene in the movie which inspired you to pen this down! Kudos \m/
    This post in addition to impressing me has also inspired me to watch the movie soon! Time to clean up the lenghty to-do list fasttt...
    Keep producing such gems! Love ya loads...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Sweety, another master piece from you.Loved it. Copying my style ? Just kidding.I guessed it was the Piano as i read these lines :His eyes closed, and his body relaxed
    In front of him, his fingers splayed out
    He touched none of her keys
    But still, music he heard without a doubt... I have to see the movie soon.Waiting for more.Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My.. My.. My.. what a beautiful poem.. !! Each and every word had me spell bound.. I was wondering if it referred to a woman the man had lost but the ending caught me in surprise ! Wow so beautifully expressed..

    You getting inspired by movies.. woah ! Shows how involved you get in emoting what you see on screen :)..I am super keen to watch the movie now. I am sure you have written a beautiful ode to the movie. The directors /producers of the movie should definitely read this piece . I am sure they will be as spell bound by this as the rest of us ..

    Beautifully written as always.. Love ya loads :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd really like to hear what you thought about this post!