Tuesday 24 January 2012

Unrequited Love














From where he sits,
He sees all of what's around 
But the one his eyes search for,
Is no where to be found

Desperate for her company,
He roams here and there
He wonders whether its his fate,
And loneliness, he'd ever have to bear

Sad eyes will for her to appear,
A painful cry from the depth of his being
Penetrates the silent world and darkening sky,
Which with him, seem to be agreeing

I watch him from afar,
Yet I sense something is amiss
There is something about him, 
That speaks of pain, and makes me reminisce

There's hurt in his voice and yet,
As he waits, a hope inside him stays
And that, I know comes from one thing alone
An unrequited love, for someone to fill your days

And I see that lonely bird again, 
On the cold wall, as he sings a song
A song of heartache, of a love lost 
A song for the one, for whom he'll always long


....................................................................................................................................................................

The idea for this post came to me today, as I sat in class in college and looked outside the door (as I was totally bored! :D) and saw a bird sitting all alone on a far-away wall, and moving here and there as if it was looking for someone...I'd seen it there before too once, and as I was already thinking about un-returned love because of my Dad's latest post ;), something just clicked :) 

So here it is...hope you all liked it...I'm so glad it finally broke(?) my writer's block, which has been irritating the hell out of me! :@ :/

Feels great to write...nice to know where I really belong and what I really want to do :)
Good night guys...hope I'll be back soon :p :)

7 comments:

  1. oho! what an idea sirjii!!! Awesome!! Chalo college aane se kuch accha kaam toh hua. :D Jokes apart.. too good Cathy!!! very beautiful!
    Gimme more! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. Getting better and better each time. More and more like ‎Dada too, keeping the suspense till the end and written so beautifully ‎and simply. As always you r lines transport me to a different world ‎and this time the transit is in the wonderful world of the birds, or ‎rather the one single male bird, who longs for his companion. Yu ‎have captured the emotion so that lone bird so well. You are ‎becoming a pr , Sweets, Lovely. I can’t seem to have enough words ‎to compliment you. Though, I personally feel, why it could not have ‎been a female bird and why male?. Anyway, Loved it and can’t ‎seem to get out of the trance and back to this world from the bird’s ‎world. Keep up the good work. Eagerly waiting for your next post. ( ‎now I know what you do in class, sitting and staring out of the ‎window at birds eh??)‎

    Mumma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing job!:-)The first four lines simply touched my heart...the poem grows within you as you read along:-) The emotions of the bird are so beautifully captured..more like a lover, looking desperately for his soulmate! The pain is clearly visible...your posts simply take human thoughts to another level:-) keep it up...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful writing. The pain, the songs of heartache..
    I loved every single line you wrote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely writing as always..

    I got transported and could experience the pain that the bird felt. Only that, I could never guess that it was a bird your were talking about, till the very end!
    Suspense superbly maintained and feelings of longing and heartache wonderfully explained.

    Oh Sweety, you have such a lovely talent of making us see the things through your writing !!

    I remember I gazed out of the class whenever I got to sit near the window.. Its the best usage of time during class other than sleeping :P

    And this poem urges me to put a love story of spotted doves that I photographed outside my window back home . Have been thinking of writing about it since the I witnessed them.. I guess I will do it pretty soon !!

    And you lady, keep writing such awesome stuff.. Looking forward to reading more of your gems :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! What's with the father-daughter duo churning out such amazing suspense-filled pieces of poetry!! Loved it through and through, and yes, I wasn't able to guess the protagonist yet again :|
    You, CJ, have an eye for detail, and just one glimpse at a scene or a frozen moment inspires you to pen down such an awe-inspiring story for it, a behind-the-scenes perspective for what others can't perceive with their naked eyes B) I wonder how you kept this talent of yours under wraps for so long?!
    Well glad that it has finally emerged! Believe me, it's a sheer treat to get to read your structured and wonderful poetic thoughts. Keep the ideas flowing :) Love you loads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sweety !!! But I thought bird watching was a
    Boy's/ Men's job.Jokes apart, It was simply beautiful. Brilliant. The post touched my heart and the feelings stayed with me for along time. The pictures you used added to beauty of the poem.your writings are too good ,keep up the awesome work, love them, & love you kid.

    ReplyDelete

I'd really like to hear what you thought about this post!