Monday 28 November 2011

What I Have To Say...

Okay, so anybody reading this post, please read the two below this first...because you have to read them to understand what I say here...

THEIR LOVE STORY...

I love Erich Segal's 'Love Story', but he had it all wrong,
To Jenny and Oliver does the greatest love story not belong.
I've been watching the greatest love story of all times, unfold in front of  my eyes for so long,
It belongs to my parents - Sudha and John.

Whenever I look at them, I always wonder,
And the looks they give each other is enough for me to surrender
That love must be as beautiful as they make it seem,
It's enough to make me wish for it, it's enough to make me dream.

They fell in love, they were so young
Each new path that was together discovered, each new song that was sung
Was done with a passion, for each, the other came first,
They started their beautiful journey, full of dreams and trust.

They were blessed with a babe, as their love grew,
They showered all their love on the little one, they couldn't believe another dream had come true.
It held a family now, the little home they had built together,
After all, he was was father now, and she was a mother.

Years flew by, the babe was now a mischievous little boy,
He was the apple of their eyes and filled their hearts with joy.
When they looked at him, they knew they couldn't have asked for more,
Little did they know of the plan God had for them in store.

Seven happy years down the road, she found out another child she was to bear,
And so astonished was she, all she could do was stare.
And then she found out, complications there might be,
And her soon to be born baby, she might never even see.
She was shocked and she was scared,
For she knew, for the baby inside her, she already cared.
She cried and with God she made deals,
"Keep my baby safe", were her repeated appeals.

She told her husband about the baby, anxious of what he'd say,
But she needn't have worried 'cause he picked her right up in his arms and up the stairs, they made their way.
She told him of her fears,
But he wiped away her tears.
Together they told God that they'd fill the baby's life with love and do everything in their might,
To keep its future shining and bright.

God listened to their prayers,
He knew the love in their hearts, with the child they'd share.
And then came the day when into their lives a fallen star strayed,
Their happiness knew no bounds as now they had everything they had ever craved.

He fell in love for the third time, when he held in his arms his baby girl,
She was a gem to him now, She was his pearl.
He sang to her every night, roaming in the hall with her in his arms,
She seemed as fascinated by him as her mother, and fell for his charms.

Now, let's not forget the little boy, who'd always wanted a brother with whom football he'd play.
And even though now he had a kid sister, when he looked at her, any the regrets he might have had just flew away.
When he picked her up, she tried to pull out his teeth and explored his face with a tiny hand,
And he thought of the things that he'd teach her one day, smiling as he planned.

All three of them, Man, Woman an Child,
Taught the little girl the values of life and onto her, their love they piled.
As they looked at their babies together,
Each felt blessed they'd had the chance to have this with the other.

And now, thirty years have passed since the day they first met,
They admit, they had rights as well as wrongs, but trust in each other they always kept.
He says now that he loves her more than ever,
She says, her love for him will end never.

Their children, one, twenty seven now, the other twenty,
Know that they have reasons to be proud of them plenty.
They know their parents and see them as one,
They know of no one else, who do things for each other that they have done.

And as they celebrate their twenty eighth anniversary today, we look at them and wonder if love so true we'll ever know,
All we wish now is that happiness follow them wherever they go.
As hand in hand, each step they take,
Other beautiful memories for their love story, they make.

So, I hope this little effort of mine,
Gave this special day, a little more shine.
I love you both, more than the vastness of space,
And hope love, warmth and laughter fill all your days.

Cathy
27/08/2011

Happy Anniversary, have a great day guys :)
I love you :* 


For anyone's whose still wondering, the two poems below were written by my parents, starting with the first by my mom, followed by the one written by my dad (you can see them in the pic :p). Anyway, this is like the first time I'm going public with my silly poetry and I'm nervous as anything so please spare me all the harsh criticism that I know is on its way...;)

But this post is dedicated to my parents...so I just hope they like it :)
Good night every one...have a very important exam in the morning, loads left to study so i'll be on my way...

14 comments:

  1. And this one here is a magnum opus!! Sheer brilliance!!
    Loved it so very much :)
    It summarizes their epic love story as we see it, and fills in lots of important details :D
    Keep writing poetry too! You rock at it, kiddo!
    Sheesh, I'm the only non-poet in this poetic family :p

    And yeah! Happy 28th Anniversary, Mumma and Dada :)) Many many more to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU SWEETY,THAT WAS SHEER BRILLIANCE ,YOU CAME IN TO OUR WORLD TO COMPLETE OUR FAMILY AND NOW YOU COMPLETED OUR LOVE STORY TOO.LOVED IT,LOVE YOU. WISH YOU AND APPI TOO FIND TRUE LOVE TO CONTINUE THE LOVE STORY THAT STARTED 30 YEARS AGO SO THEN IT WOULD BE A NEVER ENDING LOVE STORY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are times you look at a painting and think it is complete; but, the artist, the creator of the piece, adds some strokes and colors; you look at it mesmerized and say it complete.. After a while he adds more strokes and more colors, and you see the same painting with added dimension..The artist can go on forever and each time you definitely feel mesmerized !!

    That is how the last three blog posts of yours are.. Each bit of it has added more dimension to a beautiful love story !!

    I wont say yours is a final touch to the masterpiece of art that you guys are painting coz for a fact, there are more to come !! :)

    Just like you said, Erich had it all wrong, definitely to your parents, one of the greatest love stories does belong..
    Happy anniversary to your Dadda and Mumma who are an inspiration for generations to come !!

    And last but not the least, your writing is simply brilliant !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have said it all so beautifully. The Best Gift for a wonderful aniversay . What can one ask for more than one's children to understand and cherish the love of ther parents for each other. Your blog made our day more meaningful and more loving and touched us deep inside our heart and made us proud of our children. Thanks for the lovey gift darling. Keep writing. You have the gift and I always knew you can express things better in writing than in words but I am truely thrilled and feel proud that you have such a lovely and wonderful way of putting things down that we get choked with emotions. Looking forward to more posts. Love you

    Mumma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cathy! superb.... It looks so fresh and happy ... and makes the person reading it more happier... kudos lady!! Good going Ms. Budding Tennyson!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A blog with a very apt name. Indeed, I'm looking for the right words to applaud and appreciate a family that's so much in love and talented. God Bless! Here's wishing the ever young couple and both their blessings, happiness and prosperity for life :)

    CJ, keep it goin;)

    PS: Mr. John, your poem is for sure encouraging :) Keep it goin, Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @smarty: Thanks pagal...I'm glad you liked it! I was so nervous before uploading it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh dad thank you sooo much...See what everybody's saying? You both really are an inspiration...no wonder I turned out to be uber romantic :D
    I'm so happy you liked it:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Amo: I'm so flattered...after reading that mail and now this comment...don't know what else to say...Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh 'ma, you're so biased :) I know, I know, It's because you love me so much...but still. This post was no where near brilliant...just some words patched up together...Anyway, I'm still happy you liked it :) and yup, this anniversary felt extra special to me too...I love you

    ReplyDelete
  11. @yuvva: Thanks for liking it :) I really do feel happy...budding Tennyson! no way but thanks for the comparison :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Amit: Thank you very much...I'm very new here and don't really have any experience in writing, you know, like a pro. So it seems amazing to me that you'd like what I wrote (because I went through your blog a few days ago and I really liked the way you write:)). This was just a small gift to my parents :) Thanks for the encouragement:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh sweet.........r u crazy? aisa kuch agar maine likha hota toh i would hav surely posted it rite away, but again i dont hav such amazingly cool talents, not that i regret it....at least now i can ask u 2 write a poem 4 me whenever i am in need of 1 ;p....U R SERIOUSLY GREAT WITH EXPRESSING UR THOUGHTS, 4 D 1ST TIME I ACTUALLY HAD TEARS AFTER READING SOMETHING....truly loved it!! :D

    may attai and attimber always be flooded with happiness..!! :)

    PS: never giv up ur writing skills....i'll be vising ur blog more often from now on :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ gulsi: Hey sweetheart, thank you...I thought you just saw the pic on fb and commented on it and didn't realize it actually was a link:p Well, I'm glad you liked it guls, itni tareef mat kar meri...bas, bas...and you cried really?! (*amazed look in the face and shaking head all at once*) :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd really like to hear what you thought about this post!