Friday 11 November 2011

Stumbling my way into the unknown...

Ok, So here I am finally! I've been toying around with the idea of starting my own blog for months, guess i got the push I needed to start, after so many days of thinking about it...I wonder what made me do it today? Well, i did come across some beautiful lines which got me thinking again and may have triggered it...

"If you take a book with you on a journey...an odd thing happens: The book begins collecting your memories. And forever after you have only to open that book to be back where you first read it. It will all come into your mind with the very first words: the sights you saw in that place, what it smelled like, the ice cream you ate while you were reading it...yes, books are like flypaper--memories cling to the printed page better than anything else."

So I figured maybe if I started writing, I'll start forming memories with every post I publish here...just like I'll remember that on the day I starting this post(i.e., today), I was sitting late at night in my pyjamas on the comfiest sofa in my home at almost three a.m., dying to eat the delicious cake my mom made yesterday (the whole house filled with the waft which comes from baking cakes:) yum!)  and my back aching and telling me it's time to stop for the day...and I'll relive each memory just as easily. So, my journey with my blog post begins today...here's hoping my journal doesn't feel too neglected :) 

14 comments:

  1. LOVELY START. LOOKING FORWARD TO READING MORE.

    MUMMA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi CJ, first thanks! and here's extending a warm welcome to a world where one of the needs gets fulfilled.. need of getting understood..may you find many friends here.. trust me I have made many in two years and life is lot more beautiful.. keep thinking and keep sharing.. best is yet to be.. it's just the beginning.. God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic start to the blog! The idea with which it is started is fabulous :)
    Looking forward to reading lots more...
    Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you RS:) and may I say I find your blog really interesting...hope to have all the beautiful experiences you promised :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Smartalec :) I was so nervous before starting it...but now I can't seem to stop :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know... just beware of writers' block :p
    And hey! Since I'm following you, I get updates about all new posts of yours - no need to mail me the link to each post separately :)
    You could also use Google Reader to follow blogs... all new posts in those blogs are received as mails in Google Reader inbox...

    ReplyDelete
  7. good going madame! :) - uv

    ReplyDelete
  8. //If you take a book with you on a journey...an odd thing happens: The book begins collecting your memories. And forever after you have only to open that book to be back where you first read it.

    Beautiful lines !!

    The rush of memories you get , when you read something that you wrote a long time ago ; you go back into time and connect to yourself and the feeling's just so good !!

    May your venture into the world of blogging bless you with everything you expect to get from here. :)

    Happy blogging :)
    -Amo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks yuvva...looking forward to reading your blog posts too soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amo :) thank you...you know, i went through your blog too two-three days ago and may i tell you i think you write beautifully :) and yeah i hope i'll have a great time here :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. :) You went through my blog ? That's really sweet of you..! And thank you.. Feel free to post comments; I would love to know what you think :)

    You definitely will have a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow sweet!! u started writing blogs too!! thats so great! :D
    i read ur poem and both john peripa's and sudha perima's too...
    ...n i gotta admit there was a lump in my throat by the time i finished reading it...
    keep it going!!
    so proud of you :)
    shru ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd really like to hear what you thought about this post!