Saturday 30 November 2013

My Land Dweller

A letter from the "Angel of the Sea" to her "Land Dweller"

Dear Land Dweller,

"You're all set to travel,
And take the road not taken
You're scared and nervous, I know
But excited too, if I'm not mistaken"

You're starting a new chapter of your life. I know it's scary. You'll be away from home, you'll feel lonely and homesick on some days. But you know what, it gets better and easier and fun as the days go by. You need this. You'll learn to be independent and free. And you'll be a better person because of it. And think about all the people whose lives you're going to touch, just like you did mine. I'm sure there's someone out there who needs you to be their friend as much as I do. Do for them what you did for me. Be the happy-go-lucky, strange, softhearted, and kind person that you are. Be yourself. That's enough. 

Don't you ever forget how special you are. You're amazing and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise. Be brave and strong through the difficult stuff that'll definitely come your way. And when you think you can't do it all alone, give me call. That's what I'm there for. Don't you dare hesitate to call me when you need me.  

You'll do fine, better than fine, better than great in fact. Don't you worry. I know our ways our different. And it's silly to think that they'll ever be the same, but you do know that the sea and land have to meet somewhere right? So that's it, we'll meet there seeing a beautiful sunrise together one day.   

Have fun, learn new things, go out, make mistakes, and do everything you've always wanted to do. I'll always be there to back you up! And live up to your name, land dweller. Roam around, see new places, make new friends, see the world with a different perspective, don't regret anything and do crazy things! Take loads of photos and send them to me.

I'm so glad you found me. Or maybe I found you. You know why I say this, so I won't "dwell" on it anymore :P I'll always carry you in a special corner of my heart: the heart of the sea, the heart of the ocean. I'll miss you.

Be brave, happy and safe. I love you loads! <3

"With each wave, I'll try to touch the shore,
And be as close to you as I can
The I'll take you with me around the world,
Sail across the seven seas, that'll be our plan"

"We were never meant to be together,
But we always find a way, a beach, a shore
You'll always be my land dweller,
And I couldn't ask for more"  

Congratulations on your new beginning. All the very best!

Hugs and kisses,
Your lucky charm aka Angel of the sea aka Cathy

P.S. You're allowed to make new friends :P But if anyone of them tries to replace me, I'm going to kick their butt!  

4 comments:

  1. Hello my lucky charm aka my angel of the sea! I have got no words to say. I am overwhelmed. Thank you very much (for your song too.) :D I will never forget this. Before this, i never knew that a farewell could be like this too! Ofcourse, we found each other and i will for sure find others too! ;-) No worries, you won't get an opportunity to use your leg for kicking. You cannot be replaced. Abb tu koi phone thodi na hai ki, har 4 years me replace karti rahu? Relationships, emotions are involved, koi memory card ya contact list nahi hai jo gayab ho jaye. Its too phony phony right? :P
    Thanks a ton again Cathy! Well, i can't share this on fb. Koi ni, fb hi sab kuch nahi hai.

    I will wait for you by the shores,
    While you go around the world,
    Because I am the dweller of the land,
    And you are an angel of the sea.

    I promise to take in, your strong tides,
    be it day or night.
    I will bring beautiful memories for you,
    from the far off land.

    I might get lost in the crowd,
    but end of the day, its you i will come to.
    For i am dweller of the land,
    and you the sun in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!!! From where do you get such crazy amazing ideas, Catherine?? I am really in awe :) Frankly speaking, one of the very best written letters I have ever read!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely farewell post.. beautifully written. You really do have the gift of writing. Keep it up. Love you loads. Waiting eagerly to read more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb it is! What an apt farewell message - speaks volumes of the friendship you both share :)
    And beautiful reply from Yuva too!
    Like I had posted on FB, "salamat rahe dostana tum donon ka"

    ReplyDelete

I'd really like to hear what you thought about this post!