Sunday 25 November 2012

Aurora...55Fiction#5


With rosy fingers dropping dew, 

In red and blue, you enchant me

Spreading hope amongst man and beast,

In a chariot, rising out of the sea


Your golden tresses wild and free,

A rainbow of scintillant colors and light 

Leaving a trail of fire in the sky,

Each day you bring, a dawn so bright

...................................................................................................................................................................
Aurora means the first light of the day. I'm really fascinated by ancient Greek mythology and after I read in my dictionary (yeah, really!) about Aurora, the Goddess of dawn in Roman mythology who's the counterpart of the Greek Goddess, Eos, I could just imagine her all fiery and beautiful, coming out of the ocean in her winged chariot with all these colors surrounding her, just like it happens when dawn breaks and then I just wrote this down...When I searched for pics, I realized my imagination was almost accurate! :)

That beautiful first pic is of an “Aurora Borealis”, a luminous meteoric phenomenon named after the very same Roman Goddess of dawn (Aurora) and the Greek word for the north wind (Boreas). It's like a piece of art in the sky, or so I've heard.

Pic courtesy: The first of Aurora Borealis was taken from http://artsonearth.com/tag/natural, the second and third of Aurora are gifts from Google ;)

Hope you guys liked it :)
Goodnight!

3 comments:

  1. So beautifully written. You are the best when it comes to poetry. You have a natural flair for poetry. That too such short 55 words one. It described the dawn so beautifully. I enjoyed it and experienced it. Loved it totally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The description is so beautiful. Exactly how I wish each dawn would be i.e if I manage to wake up ! :P
    I always connected Aurora to Aurora Borealis for it has been my dream to see the phenomenon one day ! Plus, I have loved the word Aurora(or anything closely related to Aura for that matter) ever since I first heard the word years ago. So I have so many reasons to like this post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. U didnt get up early although u wrote beautifully :-p
    Loved it cathy.. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd really like to hear what you thought about this post!