Sunday 18 March 2012

If Only


If only,
I could take back my words,
I'd say the right ones, and tell you,
How much you mean to me

If only,
I had another chance,
I'd spend each day of my life,
Making up, for every mistake, I made

If only,
I could stop time, for a moment,
I'd take that moment,
And live a lifetime with you

If only,
I could look at you once,
I'd remember each expression,
Each move that you make

If only,
I could hold your hand,
I would never let it go,
I'd be by your side, forever

If only,
I could take you in my arms,
I would feel alive again,
I'd find a reason to live

If only,
I could kiss your lips,
I would breathe again,
And, my soul would rejoice

If only,
I could spend my life with you,
I would be complete,
And, there would be no regrets

If only,
You would say yes,
I'd give you every happiness,
I'd make all your dreams come true,
I'd make you my world, my life
Each breath I'd take, would be for you

If only,
You would love me,
I'd be there in the end
I'd make every thing real, 
I'd be your best friend

I would love you,
More than there are stars in the sky,
More than the darkness of night, 
More than the vastness of space,
More than the heat, a fire could ignite

....................................................................................................................................................................

This one came to me suddenly, and I wrote it down in such a short time, which is very unusual for me because usually, it takes ages. The title and some of the feelings I felt while writing this down, came from the movie "If  Only". I found the movie beautiful, about second chances and, love and, mistakes...and regrets.

And, these lines from the song, "If Tomorrow Never Comes", by Ronan Keating, again, got all my emotions fired up!

"I made a promise to myself,
 To say each day, how much she means to me
 And avoid that circumstance,
 Where there's no second chance, to tell her how I feel
 If tomorrow never comes..."

Okay, so I hope you all liked it :) Good night guys. Sleep tight :)

8 comments:

  1. that was sumthing beyond words, sweet (literally)!!!!!!! i mean, where do u get these ideas from.....those feelings and emotions u just expressed, it would hav taken ages and not cum out rite for me!
    way to go girl.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful emotions. Very touching. We all go though these feelings. The "If" factor is present in everyone's life. It is upto us to do everyting , say everyting, show all our feelings, without waiting for some other time or postponing it for later on and then I think the "if " facotr will not be there. Very well written and loved it totally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweety !! IF ONLY I COULD WRTITE LIKE YOU DO. LOVED THIS POST, THAT'S WHY I BELIEVE THAT LIFE SHOULD BE LIVED IN SUCH A WAY THAT ONE SHOULD NOT HAVE ANY REGRETS LATER ON.LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only i could say what i wish to say to you. ;) I took much time to read it and say something about it.My mind was just moving around "If only".. i was lost in my world of "if only's" ... U got your answer.. i hope so..
    As always, too good.. I really felt it today. If only...

    Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love 'If Tomorrow Never Comes' :) Sometimes, we all wish that we could go back in time to mend our mistakes. If Only that was possible :)
    Lovely read :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully composed! It is always a delight to go through your posts:-) The two words, 'if only' are so powerful...and at the same time so self-introspective! We make so many mistakes each day, hurt people through words..actions, become selfish, forget emotions, feelings, love! What we later on understand and feel is 'if only'....:-)
    I like the movie also!
    Waiting for more:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'If only' is a phrase that reeks of regret, and efforts should be made to avoid using it at all costs. But alas, no matter how hard we try, we lose control of ourselves, let our egos get into the driver's seat, and make a mess of good things. And then, after all the damage is done, we mutter the two words 'If only' as if it were a prayer...
    Watching a pathetic movie is akin to losing a couple of hours in your life, but an 'If only' situation in most cases has a precursor which amounts to a much bigger loss, which can't be quantified by appending any unit of measurement.
    Anyway, back to the post! Beautifully written and well expressed emotions... only that like the Ronan Keating song mentioned in the end goes, it's in our hands to make the best of each and every day, hour, minute and second we're blessed with, and never to let an 'If only' situation arise... the other things, sadly, are beyond our control :)
    And yep, I loved the movie 'If only'... life does give second chances, but not like the one shown in the movie :D
    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is written well...
    if only ---- is the ultimate desire, we all human beings can have at any and every given point of life... :)
    Expressive!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd really like to hear what you thought about this post!